The local parish council elections have been confirmed as going ahead on the 6th May 2021.
Local council elections in England and Wales use the first-past-the-post system. The ballot paper will list the candidates for your area. You can vote for as many candidates as there are councillor vacancies, by putting a cross [X] in the box next to your choice. For example, if you are represented by three councillors and there are three vacancies, you can vote for three candidates. The ballot paper will explain how many candidates you can vote for.
Each councillor sits for a four year term. When the four year term starts and ends for each councillor will depend on the voting system the council is using.
The Nominated Persons Form for Erlestoke has been published on the Wiltshire Council website. Please click this link and choose the Central region PDF.
Please find below the publication of the notice of election:
If you are interested in being a candidate please use this link for further information:
As a candidate you will need to fulfill the following criteria:
Over 18 and a UK, Commonwealth, ROI, or EU Citizen and
An elector for the parish, or
For the last 12 months, have occupied land or premises in the parish, or
Work in the parish (principal or only place of work), or
Live within 3 miles of the parish boundary
A timetable of relevant and specific dates can be found at:
It includes, but is not limited to the following:
• 29th March 2021 (no later than) – Publication of Notice of Election
• 8th April 2021 – Candidates have from the date stated on the notice of election up to 4 pm on Thursday 8th April to submit nomination papers
• 8th April 2021 – Deadline for withdrawal of nomination (4pm)
• 9th April 2021 – Publication of Statement of Persons nominated
• 27th April 2021 – Publication of Notice of Poll
• 6th May 2021 – Day of Poll